Going on a beach vacation? Do you need to lose 10-20 pounds to fit into your favorite bikini in as little as 2 weeks? Here are some guidelines that will help you achieve that goal:
1. Change what/where you eat. Firstly, you must stop eating at fast food restaurants. Refrain from snacking between meals. Avoid snacks like potato chips, crackers with dips and related products. Avoid candy bars, high-fat, rich desserts like cheesecake, etc. Avoid or reduce cheeses and if you must, choose mozzarella and feta as they are lower in fat than most others.
2. Change food group combinations. Do not eat more than 1 type of carb per meal. In other words choose only one of the following carbs: rice, potatoes, pasta or bread. Do not combine any of these during any particular meal.
3. Change your menu. Avoid white carbs such as white sugar, white rice, white flour and related products. Choose healthier equivalents like whole grain pasta, whole grain bread, brown rice and yams (instead of potatoes). Include at least 4 meals that consist of fish each week.
4. Don't forget your fruits and vegetables. Every meal should include a side of vegetables. Adding vegetables to your meals forces you to eat less of the other food groups like starches and meats. Carrots broccoli and cauliflower are excellent choices, rich in fiber and disease-fighting antioxidants. Dress your vegetables with a little olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon juice and avoid creamy sauces and dressings. Salad dressing should consist of olive oil, apple cider vinegar and pinches of oregano and basil. The vinegar content in the dressing substitutes the need for salt. Have fresh fruit for dessert.
5. Reduce food intake. If you are overweight chances are you are overeating, unless you have a rare medical condition. One easy way to reduce calorie intake is to cut down your normal meal portions to half and add 2 more meals of equivalent size. For example, if you're eating 3 meals per day, each consisting of 800 calories the total calories would amount to 2400. So by reducing your meals to 400 calories (half) and adding 2 additional meals would equate to 2000 total daily calories (5 x 400). In effect, you are reducing your daily food consumption by 400 calories.
I mentioned earlier that this was easy to do, the reason being, everyone can visualize what their normal meal looks like or what it consists of. So by this process of visualizing you could quite easily reduce your typical meal to half the size. The other thing is this method doesn't require a huge sacrifice and is not highly stressful (mentally or physically) as with extreme calorie restriction diets or meal replacement plans and is therefore easier to follow.
6. And now the most dreaded part: exercise. Don't worry, you'll see that it really isn't all that bad. There is no avoiding it however: every efficient weight loss program must combine physical activity with diet changes in order to produce lasting results. All that's required here is a little walking. Well, maybe more than a little. Actually you will need to walk for 90 minute periods, 6 days a week. "That's too much time," you say.
Well you can make the time if you really try. You'll have to adjust your schedule - make it a little more flexible to allow for these sessions. Although the walking prescription comes with time requirement it is a relatively easy exercise to perform for almost anyone. And it doesn't have to be done all at one time. You can break it down to two 45-minute sessions or one 60 minute and one 30 minute sessions, etc. - at different times during the day. Additionally, you don't need to walk at rigorous levels to produce results. A moderate or moderately brisk pace would be sufficient.
Depending on a person's metabolism and BMI (body mass index) one could easily lose 10-20 pounds in 2 weeks or less by following these guidelines.
Author: John Tiniakos
Author: John Tiniakos
John Tiniakos helps make weight loss easier through proven weight loss methods using information and analysis from the worlds leading scientists. For more information on his latest eBook visit http://howto-planet.com/NL-Natural-Weight-Loss-Program.php