Recent studies suggest that fidgeters actually burn more calories than non-fidgeters. People that are always fidgeting even while sitting down – like moving their arms, hands, or constantly changing sitting positions actually burn more calories.
If you are sitting for long periods for example you should try to change positions or simply get up of your seat and move your arms, rotate your shoulders, walk or jog on the spot – whatever is appropriate for your environment.
This is why it’s important to break up your periods of inactivity with physical movements. This article will give you a few ideas on how to add exercise to what normally would be a sedentary environment - whether you are at your home or office.
How To Lose Weight Without Leaving Your Home Or Office
If finding time to work out is tough for you to balance, thenit may be time to adjust some of your common activities.Despite what many people think, you do not have to dedicate hours of your time or copious amounts of space towards your exercise routine. In fact, for many busy people, exercising has become as simple as squeezing in ten-minute sets of sit-ups or 30-minute sessions at a local gym.
No matter where you work or live, here are some tips to help you fit in some extra weight-loss strategies into your daily routine:
1. Squat often. Many people spend a solid 2-3 minutes twice aday brushing their teeth. As they brush, they stand still in front of the mirror. If you added a few lunges or squats to that routine, then you would spend a solid 4-6 minutes a day working out those important thigh muscles. The thigh muscles are one of the largest muscle groups in your body. Not only are they the quickest to be transformed once you start to work them out, but they also help you lose weight quicker when they are loaded with muscles instead of fat. Therefore, work out this large muscle group to get toned up and slimmed down quickly.
2. Lift the jug while pouring the milk. If you have milk or juice with your breakfast, spend a few minutes doing curls with the bottles as your coffee brews. The early-morning burst of energy and muscle activity will help you raise your body’s metabolism for the rest of the day. You’ll also find that by making small work-out sessions the first thing you do in themorning, you are more likely to continue to do them throughout the day.
3. Take a double step. While walking up the stairs, take a double step instead of just one. By extending your leg slightly higher, you are increasing the angle from about 45 degrees to 90degrees. The increased angle means that your muscles will haveto work harder to get your body up the stair than if you were taking smaller steps.
4. Tip toe even when you’re not trying to be quiet. By tiptoeing around your home or office, you will find that your calves benefit the most from the extra effort. Stay as high onyour toes as possible for a long amount of time. Or, raise and lower your body using only your calf muscles. The more you work those calf muscles, the tighter they will be in the long run.
5. Roll your neck. Most people store a large amount of their stress in their necks. When you keep stress in your body, itaffects the amount of fat that you retain in your belly negatively. Therefore, by rolling the stress out of your neck,you inadvertently release the fat storage from your stomach.The effects of this exercise are both immediate, as you will begin to feel relaxed, as well as long term, as your entire body starts to slim down.
No matter how busy you are, it is important that you take timeout to treat your body well. Stress, caused by a busy lifestyle and fast-paced work environment can not only increase the fat on your body, but it can deplete you of the energy you need to exercise properly. Therefore, it is important that you remind yourself to take care of your body, even if you cannot sampleNew Jersey’s wonderful parks and gyms everyday. A little movement goes a long way to a healthier lifestyle.
About The Author: Author: Joey Dweck is the Founder & CEO ofhttp://weightlossbuddy.com/ a community committed to 24/7support, expert advice, and helping people find a buddy(s) whowill support their effort to lose weight, and live a healthierlifestyle. And it's all Free. Sign up for the Free, awardwinning, 12-Part E-Course “Losing for Good”http://www.weightlossbuddy.com/
Weight Loss Articles from http://www.nulife-weightloss.com
Categories: Diet Plan, Diet Program