Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Results of Exercising on an Empty Stomach

Hello Everyone,

I’d like to make reference to a previous post I had made, when I argued that working out on an empty stomach (before meals) was more efficient in producing weight loss than training on a full stomach (after meals).

Well, I have been putting it to the test and the results are in.

Firstly, let me tell you a bit about myself.

I am well into my thirties now, and I find it more difficult too keep the pounds off these days (with everything being constant). In other words, I am not eating more calories than I did 10-15 years ago and I’m also not exercising any less. And yet I had put on an extra 12 pounds. By the way, I also have a slow metabolism.

So, I wanted to see if there would be a significant difference when I exercised before breakfast instead of 2-3 hours after dinner which is what I had been doing. My workout was exactly the same, I didn’t change anything. I jogged for 30 minutes and followed that by 15 minutes of high intensity interval training. The results were shocking. I lost 11 pounds in four and a half weeks – that was extra weight around the mid-section that I was carrying around for quite some time.

In truth, however, I am not really a morning person and find that my body has a hard time waking up for a workout first thing in the morning. If you’re not a morning person, you’ll know what I mean. So I am going to experiment by switching my workout period to first just before lunch and then just before dinner (on a fairly empty stomach). I’ll let you know what the results will be. I have a feeling they’ll still be more favorable with respect to weight loss than when workouts are conducted after meals.

John

No comments: