With so many diets and alternative food choices available onthe market today, it can be difficult to figure out where tostart when you want to lose a few pounds. Long-term weight lossis most effectively achieved when healthy lifestyle changes aremade and maintained.
A healthy weight loss plan is as follows:
* Exercise more. Increase your level of physical activity andtry to make it fun. Walks in the park, long bicycle rides,swimming in the pool - choose the type of exercise you like themost so that you look forward to doing it three or four times aweek. Exercise burns calories and helps to maintain bodyfunctions.
* Reduce your calorie intake. The simple mathematical step ofcounting your calories is a key element to losing weight.Eating between 300 and 500 calories less each day can help youto lose one to two pounds per week.
* Choose your cooking methods carefully. Fried foods containmore fat and calories than foods that are baked, grilled,boiled or broiled.
* Drink more water. Our bodies are made of mostly water, whichis an essential element to our overall well-being. Ideally, weshould drink eight glasses of water a day - a bonus is that isalso curbs your appetite.
* Keep track of your weight weekly. Daily weigh-ins can bediscouraging, so monitor your progress by weighing yourselfbefore breakfast once a week and writing it down.
* Add more vegetables to your meals. Vegetables provideadditional bulk to fill you up, as well as add essentialnutrients to your diet.
* Eat fruit for dessert. Try having fruit instead of sugarysnacks for dessert a few times a week to eliminate extracalories and fat. At only eight calories a tablespoon, add adollop of whipped cream for flavor.
* Have patience. It took some time to put on the extra poundsand it will take some time to shed them, too. Sometimes ittakes a couple of weeks or even a month before significantresults show - keep going and you will have success.
Developing a healthy weight loss plan will enable you to feelbetter while you beat the battle of the bulge.
About The Author: Ryan Cote is the owner of http://weightloss-programs-reviewed.com/, a website that reviewsthe top 4 best weight loss programs & online plans. A largedirectory of health and fitness tips & articles is available aswell. http://www.weightloss-programs-reviewed.com
For Best Online Diet Reviews Visit:
For Hundreds more great articles visit our
Article Archives - Directory
Categories: Diet Plan, Diet Program